For berths aboard the CLIPPER ADVENTURER*
Lower Deck Twin: $6,990 per guest
Main Deck Twin (porthole): $7,690 per guest
Main Deck Twin (window): $8,290 per guest
Main Deck Single: $12,435 per guest
Upper Deck Superior: $8,990 per guest
Upper Deck Deluxe: $9,690 per guest
Captain’s Deck Deluxe: $9,690 per guest
Suite: $10,690 per guest
Captain’s Suite:$12, 690 per guest
****November 8, 2011-November 20, 2011. ****
****These dates are confirmed****
I am traveling alone. Can Ice Axe provide me with a roommate?
Ice Axe will do their best to accommodate all passengers traveling alone by finding the best roommate match possible. Some flexibility may be necessary. If we are unable to find a suitable roommate then you will be invoiced for a single supplement price.
How do I reserve my trip?
- Contact Ice Axe Expeditions at 530-582-1246 or contact us via email at Karyn@iceaxeexpeditions.com.
- You may place your deposit via check, wire transfer, money order or with a Visa or MasterCard credit card. A 5% service charge applies for credit card processing.
- If you mail a check with your trip application, your place will not be reserved until the check has cleared through our bank.
- Please Note; a 50% deposit is required upon booking to reserve your place. The final balance is payable 95 days prior to your departure date.
Cruise Cost includes:
- 1 night pre-expedition shared hotel accommodation in Ushuaia, Argentina. This room includes a continental breakfast.
- Group dinner in Ushuaia.
- Group transfers from the hotel to the ship on embarkation and from the ship to the airport on disembarkation and all miscellaneous service taxes and port charges.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on board the ship.
- Shore landings and Zodiac excursions as permitted by weather and local conditions by onboard historian, ornithologist and marine biologists.
- Ski guide services.
- Presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers.
- Expedition certificate.
- CD chronicle of the voyage in narrative, photography and video.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information package.
- Use of a pair of rubber expedition boots on loan for shore landings. These will be returned at the end of the voyage.
- Airfares to or from your home city, whether on scheduled or charter flights.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Any government arrival and departure airport taxes.
- Ski equipment.
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel and the traditional Argentine asado dinner on the evening prior to departure.
- Baggage, cancellation and travel insurance (emergency medical and evacuation insurance is mandatory. Ice Axe can help you to arrange this insurance if you need assistance). We STONGLY encourage cancellation insurance.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges onboard the ship or at the hotel.
- Telecommunications charges or the customary gratuity at the end of the voyage for stewards, guides, and other service personnel.
What is the weather like ?
The weather in Antarctica is extremely unpredictable. Heavy rainfall is unusual; strong winds are relatively common, so it is important to pack accordingly. The average temperatures on the Antarctic Peninsula during the summer months range from approximately 23º – 41º F. The weather in Ushuaia is a bit warmer but also has the wind and rain characteristics of the Antarctic weather systems.
You say the weather can be pretty unpredictable. What happens if there are delays?
If any trip must be delayed due to bad weather, cancelled or delayed transportation, sickness or any other situation for which Ice Axe Expeditions cannot make provisions, all costs incurred during such delays must be borne by trip members.
What if I need to cancel?
All requests for cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellations received up to 150 days prior to departure are refunded less an administrative fee of $500 per person. If cancellation is received between 149 and 95 days prior to departure, the deposit is forfeited. Please note that for cancellations received within 94 days prior to departure, all deposits and tariffs are forfeited. If cancellation occurs within the 94-day period and full payment has not yet been received, the full penalty will still apply and unpaid monies are due immediately. For these and other reasons mentioned below, you are strongly encouraged to obtain trip cancellation insurance. Prices quoted are based on group participation and no refunds will be made for any part of the program in which you choose not to participate.