This is a backcountry ski and sail trip exclusively for the female adventurers. You will board the Valiante yacht in Tromso, Norway. We will move north to the seldom visited Finnmark region and the charter will disembark in Alta, Norway.
Lyngen Alps Norway
The Lyngen Alps are an iconic backcountry ski area in far north Norway. The Lyngen Alps range is in part surrounded by water, allowing for typically Norwegian ski & sail adventures where boats are used to access the skiing terrain plus as a base for meals & accommodation.
The Lyngen Alps are about 90km long & 20km wide with a highest point of 1833m. The range includes glaciers, steep couloirs, gentle bowls & tree skiing down low. Summits typically skied in the Lyngen Alps are less than 1200m high, with descents going all the way down to sea level. “Skin out, ski in” is a reasonable motto for any visit to the area.
Summary for Lyngen Alps
- Quality snow & reliable snow pack until late in the season;
- Endless backcountry powder skiing & snowboarding options;
- High adventure above the Arctic Circle;
- Stunning surroundings & views;
- Terrain includes easy bowls to challenging couloirs;
- Ski directly back to the boat;
- Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) viewing possible;
- Delicious fresh fish available.